Frequently Asked Questions
Our Basic service includes: mowing, edging of the grass around fence lines and buildings and blowing off clippings from hard surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways or parking areas, patios and entrances. The Basic maintenance service is available in weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly service frequencies. Bagging grass clippings is also available for an additional fee.
Our TLC plan has several benefits and is highly discounted to offer many services within one monthly package:
- SERVICE SCHEDULE: 36 total services/year
- April-September: 4 services per month
- October-March: 2 services per month
- Lawn Maintenance includes: mowing, edging of the grass around fence lines and buildings and blowing off clippings from hard surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways or parking areas, patios and entrances. Leaf removals, trimming & shaping of shrubs, de-weeding of flower beds, and quarterly fertilizer applications. Disposal is included. Bagging grass clippings is also available for an additional fee.
These are our general recommendations. If your lawn needs extra care, we will be happy to meet with you to discuss and suggest further recommendations.
- Fertilize – Quarterly application, once every season (Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer)
- Lawn Aeration – Spring/Fall
- Planting trees, plants, flowers, etc – Feb through March are very popular times of year to plant but we can plant year round in Texas
- Weed treatments- as needed; the sooner they are addressed the better to prevent the potential to spread.
- Sod installation- year round in Texas, however, Spring and Fall are the most popular times which offer the least amount of stress upon the new sod
- Tree trimming- October thru June (not good during high heat index)
- Plant trimming- Winterization is completed late January- February, general trimming is recommended throughout the year as needed
Simply put, Pre-Emergence a weed preventative for your lawn. It works by stopping weed growth even before it begins by applying a special “pre-emergence weed control barrier” into the soil. Once the weeds start to grow, they hit that barrier and die. Tackling the weeds before they take root gives much greater weed control than waiting to fight them once they have already arrived.
If watering issues have already been ruled out, chinch bugs, grubs, army worms, and fungus can also be leading factors causing sod damage. If you notice problem areas it is best to seek help as soon as possible as the problem could spread.
Any area of a property that has a locked gate or an unsecured animal will not be serviced and the customer will still owe the full price for a regular visit. While we will not enter a yard with an unsecured animal or attempt to enter a property that is locked, we will, however, maintain the remainder of the property. In most cases, the office will attempt to contact the customer to obtain a gate code to gain access to the locked portion of the yard or request to have an animal brought inside. Grass Works Lawn Care suggests combination locks and securing your animals on scheduled maintenance days to avoid service interruptions.
If Grass Works Lawn Care damages your property, it is our intention to make it right. Please address all damaged property issues to email@example.com. Please include a description of the damage and the date that it occurred as well as photos of the damage for verification.
We require a minimum of 24-hour notice for cancellation of services and a 72-hour notice for sod installations. Cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirmed to be valid. If we arrive for service and are told that our services are not needed that day, a service charge will occur.
Yes, absolutely! We offer a variety of services including one time general cleanups or one time basic mows. Let us impress you with our service, you may find yourself coming back for more!
If you are not satisfied with our work, please contact the office immediately so we can address the issue and attempt to correct the problem. In most cases, we can send a crew directly back to you to correct the problem the same day so please let us know as soon as possible.
All residential services are required to have payment on file in order to schedule services. Services will be charged within 24 hours to the payment method on file after the completion of work, or on the first of the month for TLC services. If you would like to receive Invoices/Receipts, please request this with the office via email at email@example.com. Commercial accounts may choose to be invoiced, please contact the office to discuss invoicing options.
While we can’t work in severe rain, we will continue to work in light rain. If needed, we will pause until the rain has stopped and then will continue our work unless the ground is too saturated.
Days that are missed because of rain will be made up during the remaining business days during that workweek. We always do our best to complete your service within 24 hours of your originally scheduled service date. If that is not possible and multiple days of inclement weather persist, you will be notified by email of your new service date. If you have any questions, please contact the office.